Ceramic coatings have become the latest trend in the detailing industry. Ceramics, also popularly known as nano coating, quartz coating, glass coating,etc comprises of Silicon Oxide (SiO) in a resin mixture which cures and oxidizes as Silicon Dioxide (SiO2). The Mohs hardness of Silicon dioxide is 7 and the melting point is 1,610 degrees Celsius. Certain coatings contain polymers and Silicon Carbide (SiC) with different installation methods which have a hardness level of 9 of the coating. Now let’s understand the significance of a coating to you, the customer !
Advantages of Ceramic coating
- Enhancement of Gloss – Coated paint surface will have better reflections with increased depth and gloss
- Enhanced Durability of the Protection – Coatings last longer than traditional waxes and sealants due to chemical composition and bonding with the clear coat.
- Protective layer – Coatings can add few microns to the paint surface and provides a protective layer.
- Hardness – Coatings provide hardness to the surface, which helps to resist minor washing scratches.
- Easier to clean contamination & maintenance – Road tar, tree sap, bird droppings,dust,etc are easier to clean along with water or shampoo and are repelled off the surface .
- Resistant to fading – Resistance to fading with exposure to UV rays in sunlight
Very nice job. Very neat. Time wise was perfect, Will actually took his time to do a great job and leave a satisfied customer. Very happy the final result. Truly the best Detailers around in Chennai.